Page 1 of 5
- Meet with your counselor or tell him or her that you plan to attend college. Review your schedule and make sure you are taking the right classes to graduate and to get in to college.
- Take challenging classes.
- Get involved with extracurricular activities.
- Go to a college fair in your area. When you go, be prepared with the college fair checklist.
- Take the PSAT or PLAN. Check with your counselor about registration.
- Talk to your guidance counselor and teachers about taking SAT Subject Tests.
- Get extra help if you need it from your teachers, counselor or other students.
- Start thinking about next year's schedule. Prepare a list of questions about being ready for college to ask your counselor.
- Think about what you'll do this summer. Consider an internship, job or volunteer position.
- Visit colleges near you.
- Read books, newspapers, anything you can get your hands on.
- Save money for college.
- Explore careers. Think about what you might want to study in college.
- Next >>