Now that you've gotten accepted and are going to college, you need to prepare yourself for college so you'll do well and graduate. The more prepared you are, the more likely you'll succeed.
Here are a few tips to help get you ready:
- Have a good sense of what college is really like before you go so you aren't disappointed or overwhelmed.
- Stay motivated.
- College will be harder than high school, but you can do it.
- Practice good study habits.
- Ask for help when you need it. Most colleges offer free or reduced priced tutoring. Professors can help you during their office hours.
- Be a part of campus life.
- Review your class syllabus right away, plan and schedule the study time you need to set aside.
- Keep up with the work and do all required reading.
- Use a day planner to keep track of your deadlines and assignments.
- Set goals and reward yourself for a job well done.
- Prioritize and manage your time.
- If you're having a hard time adjusting, talk to friends, parents, family, and professors. Also ask your college if they have a College Life Counselor who can help you adjust to college life.
Remember, everyone is nervous about starting college. You aren't alone.
- Next >>